Hamdan Al Abri Working on Two Records
Band and solo albums on the cards
Hamdan Al Abri is working on two EPs, both due out in early 2011. The Abri frontman, who has recently been working in the U.K. with a number of different musicians and producers, aims to release a solo EP, while simultaneously working on the next band record, which will be more guitar-driven than previous albums.
“I’ll come up with the Abri stuff first” he says. “Then when everything’s settled down, I’ll come up with the crazy shit for the solo EP.”
- Jun 30, 2014Bobby Womack (1944-2014)
A dramatic life, a distinct voice: remembering the soul legend and his incredible seven-decade career
- Jun 24, 2014Read Tupac Shakur’s Heartfelt Letter to Public Enemy’s Chuck D
“Back in the dayz, on tour with u, I learned so much from what u did and how u did it,” Shakur wrote
- Jun 19, 2014Courtney Love on Dave Grohl: ‘It’s Time to Make Amends’
The singer reportedly made the statement after seeing a picture of Grohl during a talk at Cannes Lions
- Jun 17, 2014Deadmau5 on EDM: 'It'll Eventually F*** Itself So Hard'
Electronic producer talks about the scene's coming demise, EDM festivals and his new LP
- Jun 17, 2014N.W.A. Biopic Casts Dr. Dre, Eazy-E for 'Straight Outta Compton'
Delayed film based on pioneering hip-hop group set to begin principal photography within two months