Hamdan Al Abri Working on Two Records
Band and solo albums on the cards
Hamdan Al Abri is working on two EPs, both due out in early 2011. The Abri frontman, who has recently been working in the U.K. with a number of different musicians and producers, aims to release a solo EP, while simultaneously working on the next band record, which will be more guitar-driven than previous albums.
“I’ll come up with the Abri stuff first” he says. “Then when everything’s settled down, I’ll come up with the crazy shit for the solo EP.”
- Mar 05, 2014Top Five: Conor Maynard
The U.K. popstar, in Dubai to perform at Bloomingdale's SS14 Fashion Show reception, picks five of his favorite tunes
- Mar 05, 2014The Boxtones Get Serious With 'Clowns'
Dubai-based rockers launch their debut album this month
- Mar 05, 2014Rock's New Superduo: Paul Simon and Sting
The one-time New York neighbors discuss their tour full of collaborative performances
- Mar 05, 2014Kamal Musallam's 'Homemade' New Album
Instrumental virtuoso drops fifth studio LP
- Mar 04, 2014Rony Afif Releases Debut Album
Drummer drops instrumental LP of self-penned work